Blog Room in Happy Days

This room is Happy Days' blog. Let's enjoy reading!!

Thursday, June 8

A Once-in-a-Lifetime Chance

Hello. Let me introduce my best experience. On October 31 ~ November 4, 2005, I had good experience, the volunteer experience at a nursing home. I met various people there. I want to treasure this meeting forever.
My group was five members and we took care of old people. The man who took charge of us was very kind and interesting, so we relaxed in a flash as if the tension by then were like a lie. We drew pictures, such as a self-portrait and portraits of our families, him and them, talked with them, made them have lunch and sang "Momiji", "Hurusato" and so on there. Everything was very precious memories to me.
I made friends with a blind lady. I didn't know what to do first, so I maybe bothered her, but she readily accepted me. I was very glad. I talked about myself, for example, my family, friends, dreams and so on to her. She seemed to have enjoyed listening to my talk. She also told me herself, such as her family, experiences and so on. I sometimes recall her even after that. This experience encourages me.
In addition, our group members sometimes meet. Last month, we called him and met to talk. Our party quite warmed up. I'd like to meet them and talk again. I'm glad I met them. I think this meeting is called "a once-in-a-lifetime chance"!!

4 Comments:

Blogger JH said...

Hi Happy Days,

I am glad that this was such a meaningful experience for you.

By "the care" do you mean 介護実習? In English the best phrase might be "my volunteer experience at a nursing home". In the first few sentences it might also be a good idea to explain that this is requirement of the teacher education curriculum in Japan.

JH

09 June, 2006 16:03  
Blogger The lion said...

Hi. I'm the lion. I went nursing home for my care experience. I think this experience was very important for me. Old people was very knowledgeable and kindness! Your experience is so important for your life very much, I think.

13 June, 2006 01:18  
Blogger patapata said...

To Happy Days,
Hello! I'm patapata. I'm glad to know your experience. You know, I also went to a nurcing home. And sometimes I enjoy playing with handicapped children. I think such experience have a great influence on us. Treasure your experience and tell many friends it.

15 June, 2006 16:25  
Blogger happy days said...

Thank you for coming to my blog!!

Dear the Lion,
As you said, I also think this experience of mine will be very helpful in the near future surely. Equally, your experience will be helpful, too.

Dear Patapata,
Oh, really? Do you play with handicapped children? What do you play with them? I want to play with them someday, too.

03 July, 2006 17:51  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home