Blog Room in Happy Days

This room is Happy Days' blog. Let's enjoy reading!!

Thursday, July 13

Thinking About Group Work

When I was a junior high school student, we often had a group work. For example, when we played a game, we made groups and we competed every group. And when we read textbooks, we did determining each part or did one after the other.
The things going wrong I think were that there were a few people who didn't do it, they were almost boys as far as I remembered, and they made much ado whenever we played games and so on. It was really disgusting!!
I think it is important to have a group work, but it will fail unless we teachers grasp the state of the class. So, we must know it. And we should develop such lessons as children are interested in. Or we should work on all of them to participate in the activities. I want to make lessons they enjoyed and I wish they loved English more!!

3 Comments:

Blogger chocolate-ice-cream said...

I think it is important to make lesson students can enjoy. If the lesson is interesting, students may not be boring. If teacher make lesson students can't enjoy, maybe teacher also can't enjoy the lesson, I think.

19 July, 2006 15:36  
Blogger JH said...

In addition to making lessons interesting, what can a teacher do when there are disruptive students in the class?

20 July, 2006 07:33  
Blogger happy days said...

Thank you for coming to my blog!!

Dear Chocolate-ice-cream
Oh, I see. I think so, too. But junior high school students, especially boys, were very shy. So, they wouldn't listen to us because my school students were in bad tempers. So, how do you think if you were me?

Dear Jh
My teacher didn't do anything. She seemed to have sat on her hands. If I were her, I want them to participate in the activities, so I want to make pleasant lessons that they aren't tired of. And I don't partner up them with girls forcibly.

20 July, 2006 18:20  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home